It’s been a long time coming, but we finally feel comfortable offering the West Coast ‘Ukulele Retreat Redux at Camp Ocean Pines, in Cambria, on the beautiful Central California Coast. So, please, mark your calendars for :
November 3 – 7, 2021
Or better yet, REGISTER NOW, because space will be limited. BUT FIRST. please read about all the new opportunities and options below.
Options for lodging & meals
Everyone signing up for the retreat this year will have four main options to choose from:
- Option 1 – Arrive on November 3 (Wednesday) after 3 pm, and depart on Sunday, anytime before noon. And stay at camp in one of the group cabins
or one of the two private apartments.(The apartments have already been spoken for.) You can also pitch a tent or bring a self-contained RV,* (all spaces for RV’s and motorhomes have been spoken for. Meals will begin with a light afternoon snack on Wednesday and end with a take-away lunch on Sunday. In between the Camp will be providing breakfast, lunch, & dinner each day along with morning and afternoon snacks. Our evening activities will begin Wednesday evening after dinner and workshops will begin on Thursday morning and end on Sunday morning.
- Option 2 – This is the same as Option 1 above, but you will arrange for your own lodgings off campus** and breakfast is not included.
- Option 3 – With this option you can arrive a day early, on November 2 (late Tuesday afternoon) and catch a few special workshops on Wednesday morning. We are not providing dinner on Tuesday night, but we might organize a group dinner and activity for that evening.
- Option 4 – This is the same as Option 3, but you will arrange for your own lodgings off campus and breakfast is not included. We are not providing dinner on Tuesday night, but we might organize a group dinner and activity for that evening. Regular meals for this option begin with lunch on Wednesday. We can only offer 6 spots for self-contained RVs. (There are no hook-ups available.)
* We have a very limited number of spaces available for self-contained motorhomes. There are no hook-ups.
** Cambria has a lot great places to stay listed on AirBnB and VRBO. It’s also a very popular vacation destination. So, if you’re hoping to find a place to stay using either of those platforms, I suggest you get your place secured as soon as possible.
We have a fine cast of characters (including me!) already lined up for this year’s retreat and will be adding more in the coming weeks. So please stay tuned.
The Early Bird Registration Fees listed below include all of the retreat activities & workshops AND meals and lodging as described above. Early Bird registration ends June 5, 2021.
- Option 1: Early bird fee: $899/student ($1,479 with non-uke-playing companion***)
- Option 2: Early bird Fee: $779/student ($1,229 with non-uke-playing companion***)
- Option 3: Early bird fee: $1059/student ($1,719 with non-uke-playing companion***)
- Option 4: Early bird fee: $879/student ($1,349 with non-uke-playing companion***)
*** Non-ukulele playing companions are welcome, as always, and we will have a couple of workshops and activities just for them.