Another Ukein’, Barge, & Bike Adventure is on the horizon for 2019, from Mantua, an ancient Italian Renissance city, to Venice: eight days and seven nights blending “nature, culture, and fine cuisine,” with, of course, ‘ukulele instruction and fun.
The lovely Vita Pugna or the slightly larger barge, Ave Maria (which has air conditioning in each of the cabins) will be our home away from home. And while it moves from port to port during the day, we will be exploring the beautiful countryside by bike. (Electric bikes are available for those who are concerned their biking skills may not be up to par. And….yu can always stay on the barge.) There will be at least one world class ukulele instructor on board (and, possibly, a special ‘ukulele guest from Italy) in addition to the bike guide, chef, captain, crew, you, and nothing but ‘ukulele aficionados and their significant others!
At this writing, it looks as though the total cost (which includes overnights on the barge, three meals a day, an English-speaking bicycle guide, bikes, helmets, guided tours of Mantua and Venice, a visit to a cheese factory with tasting, tour of the Carousel and Street Entertainment Museum, a boat excursion in the Nature Reserve of Mincio Park, daily ‘ukulele instruction, play-a-longs, new friends, and tons of camaraderie) will cost between $2,300 and $2,500. (Some of the discrepancy is related to which barge we’ll be chartering.) The single supplement (limited to one or two cabins) will be an additional $900. We may also have an option for a triple cabin, provided it’s a self-made trio.
If you want to guarantee yourself a spot on this trip, you need to send a check or money order in the amount of $100 to:
Elaine de Man
Wine Country ‘Ukulele Festival
P.O. Box 66
St. Helena, CA 94574
Be sure to include your name, email address, and cell phone number and:
- If you are registering for two people ($200) please include the name of your companion.
- If you are just signing up for yourself ($100), but already know who you’ll be sharing a cabin with, please send your roommate’s name, as well.
- If you are signing up for a single cabin ($200 deposit), only available if we are on the larger boat, you will need to indicate if you will accept sharing a cabin if a single cabin is not available. We will assign the single cabin(s) on a first come, first served basis. If you are not willing to share and we have filled the available single cabins, your deposit will be returned.
This deposit is non-refundable. However, your deposit will only be cashed once we have confirmed the date and vessel. (Be sure to let us know if you have any date restrictions for September 2019.) Your deposit will be destroyed if:
- for any reason we do not schedule the trip to Italy in September;
- we are already full by the time we receive your deposit;
- we are unable to accommodate the dates specified when you mailed your deposit;
- or we can’t accommodate you in a single cabin.
We hope to have everything nailed down in terms of date and barge by mid-February.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as soon as possible.