“The most fun you can have with your ‘ukulele on!”
November 1 – 5, 2023
We love our new home at Camp Ocean Pines, in Cambria, on the beautiful Central Coast of California and will be returning in November for more action-packed days of ‘ukulele instruction and merriment with Del Rey, Dave Egan, Gary Peare, Nancy Piver, and more!
There will be five workshop and/or practice sessions daily, Thursday – Saturday, and nightly activities each day, beginning on Wednesday. Plus, Rick and Rhan will be back with the ever-popular Ukulele Gospel Hour on Sunday morning.
What’s different are some of the new options we are offering for meals, lodging, and accommodations.
Options for Lodging & Meals
- Option 1 – Staying at Camp Ocean Pines, arriving on Wednesday, November 1, after 3 pm, and departing on Sunday, anytime before noon. Several options are available.
- You can stay at Camp Ocean Pines in one of the lovely group cabins. Each cabin sleeps 10 (!), but we are limiting the number of people per cabin to 5. However, if the thought of sleeping in the same room with that many people makes you queasy, we have set aside a couple of cabins that we can, for a small surcharge, limit to 3, 2, or even just one person! But you better book soon as we only have a few of these available.
- Or, you can also bring your own van or camper (25-foot maximum) and park it in the playing field. But please be advised there are no hook-ups and we can’t promise even terrain.
- Delicious, homecooked meals are provided for breakfast, lunch, & dinner each day, beginning with dinner Wednesday evening and ending with a packed lunch Sunday morning.
- There will be five workshop and/or practice sessions daily, Thursday – Saturday, and nightly activities each day, beginning on Wednesday. Plus, the ever-popular Ukulele Gospel Hour on Sunday morning.
- Cost: $869/person if you register and pay in full by July 20. ($949/person after July 20.) Non-uke-playing *companions are also welcome: $580/person or $522 after July 20.
- Option 2 – Staying nearby, arriving on Wednesday, November 1, after 3 pm and departing on Sunday, anytime before noon.
- If you don’t already have a place to stay, consider The Bluebird Inn in Cambria, which is offering a special rate for people attending the retreat. $139/night + tax for a standard king and $159/night + tax for a standard 2 queen room.
- Meals: Lunch & dinner is provided each day, starting with dinner Wednesday evenings and ending with dinner Saturday night. Breakfast is not provided with Option 2, nor is the “to go” lunch on Sunday.
- Cost: $689/person if you register and pay in full by July 20. ($769/person after July 20.) Non-uke-playing *companions are also welcome: $580/person or $522 after July 20. TBD
- *Companions: Non-uke-playing spouses and companions are welcome. There’s plenty to do in Cambria and the environs, even if all you do is sit and gaze out over the Pacific Ocean. Companions are also welcome to join a band and/or enjoy and participate in all of the evenings’ musical merriment.
Once again we will have a fine cast of characters to both entertain and inform you! Please, stay tuned as we continue to build our staff with a few new folks and a few “oldies” but goodies.