“The most fun you can have with your ‘ukulele on!”
November 3 – 6, 2023
We love our new home at Camp Ocean Pines, in Cambria, on the beautiful Central Coast of California and will be returning in November for more action-packed days of ‘ukulele instruction and merriment and the experience we are known for.
And, you have options!
Options for Lodging & Meals
- Option 1 – Staying at Camp Ocean Pines, arriving on Friday, November 3, after 3 pm, and departing on Monday, after lunch. Several sleeping options are available.
- You can stay at Camp Ocean Pines in one of the lovely group cabins. Each cabin sleeps 10 (!), but we are limiting the number of people per cabin to 5…in some cases 3. (You will be able to state your lodging preference in the comments when you register.)
- Or, you can bring your own van or camper (25-foot maximum) and park it in the playing field. But please be advised there are no hook-ups and we can’t promise even terrain. (Please let us know how big your “rig” is in the comments when you register.)
- Delicious, homecooked meals are provided for breakfast, lunch, & dinner each day, beginning with dinner Friday evening and ending with lunch on Monday.
- There will be two workshop sessions on Friday, five workshop sessions on Saturday & Sunday, daily “happy hour jams,” ukulele merriment each evening and, the ever-popular Ukulele Gospel Hour on Sunday morning. And…”office hours!” An opportunity for you to spend private one-on-one time with an instructor to get exactly what you need.
- Cost: $899/person if you register and pay before October 5. (Non-uke-playing *companions are also welcome: $622) After October 5, registration is $949.
- Option 2 – Staying nearby, arriving on Friday, November 3, after 3 pm and departing on Monday after lunch.
- Meals: Lunch & dinner is provided each day, starting with dinner Friday evening and ending with lunch Monday afternoon. Breakfast is not provided with this option, though lunch and dinner are.
- Cost: $719/person if you register and pay before October 5. After October 5, registration for people staying offsite is $769.
If you don’t already have a place to stay near Cambria, consider The Bluebird Inn which is offering a special rates for people attending the retreat.
*Companions: Non-uke-playing spouses and companions are welcome. There’s plenty to do in Cambria and the environs, even if all you do is sit and gaze out over the Pacific Ocean. Companions are also welcome to join a band and/or enjoy and participate in all of the evenings’ musical merriment.
Once again we will have a fine cast of characters to entertain and inform you! Unfortunately, Del Rey will not be able to join us this year, but in her place we have the inimitable Jim D’Ville, coming back to the West Coast after a (too) long hiatus. Joining him will be Dave Egan, Gary Peare, and Nancy Piver. And those who have attended past events will certainly remember the wonderful creative energy of Rhan Wilson and Rick Zeek and their ever-popular ‘Ukulele Gospel Hour. Each one brings something unique to the retreat and each one of these talented instructors is committed to the success of their students. Click here for a list of workshops.
And some of our most entertaining characters are you!
Registration is Now Open!
Registration for the Ukulele Reunion is now being handled directly by Camp Ocean Pines. Please click on the link below and let’s get this party started!
Note: If you have never used the Camp Ocean Pines site before, you will need to click on “new registration.” If you attended the Ukulele Reunion last year, click on “returning registration.” From there, click on individual registration for (your name). A list of all of the camp’s workshops are listed chronologically…scroll down to Ukulele Reunion 2023 and click on that…