It’s time to take the leap if you’d like to join us in Mexico, January 21 – 30, 2016 for 6 action-packed days (and nights) of ukulele instruction and merriment (not to mention great food!), with Heidi Swedberg and Daniel Ward, for the annual ukulele and cooking extravaganza we call La Semana de Uke-Culinary Fiesta!
Here’s a little snippet showing some of the fun we had last year:
The cost is $1395 – $1789 per person (depending on what type of accommodation you choose) and includes:
- Welcome party hosted by the lovely folk from Club Ukulele de Lago
- Fiesta songbook
- Six nights lodging (and breakfast each morning) at the lovely Casa del Sol, in the heart of Ajijic, on the shores of Lake Chapala
- Daily ukulele instruction (up to 4 sessions a day) for players of all skill levels–from rank beginner to those who think they might be ready for Carnegie Hall!
- Cooking workshops, followed by a delicious home-cooked meal
- Local excursions, including a visit to the nearby thermal spa and weekly market (tianguis), walks along the malecon and beyond, hikes up the mountain to the chapel on the hill, and numerous other photo opportunities
- Ongoing support of the Academia de Ukulele de la Ribera, the ukulele program we helped launch last year.
- And when the sun goes down: cantina crawls, margarita mix-offs, and other evening activities
(The price does not include transportation to Guadalajara or transfers to/from the airport to Ajijic, though depending on the number of people arriving at once, we can usually arrange transportation for you.)
If it sounds like something you’d like to do, you can learn more and/or register by clicking on the link below.
And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.